Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Our church collects food every year for local families in need. The Youth Group helps seperate the food and deliver it. I had never helped do this before. I have sent food in, but never been this hands on. This was such a wonderful outreach for all of us to see. A group of us met last night at the church, loaded or cars, had a blessing from our awesome Pastor and headed out to make some one's Thanksgiving a little easier. Our church delivered around 20 meals. We delivered 2 very full sets of meals to 2 families. They even received soups, pastas, etc.. The look on the families faces was priceless. They were both so appreciative. I got back into the car and Taylor had tears in her eyes. It is very humbling. I reminded her that this is our job....helping others. Life is not about Gameboys, and toys that they will forget about next month...she got it! Raegan was eager to help for the next house. She insisted on carrying the turkey! I was so proud of them. They greeted them with a "Happy Thanksgiving!" It also really brighten the families evening to see little faces and a little girl so eager to hand them a big turkey! I will be sure to take them again next year!
We sponsor families for Christmas at our church, too. Raegan will have to sit that one out. Wouldn't want to have to get into all of those questions, yet!

No comments: