My Grandpa turned 71 today! We were able to go and visit with him in the nursing home. His new roommate went to the hospital, so we had the room to ourselves. I cannot tell you how good it felt to be near my Grandpa, again. I miss him so bad. After he had his last stroke he gets very emotional. He has no concept of time. He has no concept of the fact that some family members have passed away. Any conversation could upset him and make him cry. I have a hard time dealing with that. Today, was a good day. I will hold that in my heart for a long time. I may never forget it.
Michaela, Granny, and I went to the store to get Pa some balloons, while the older girls were in school. (Michaela sent one up to heaven with the wind while getting into the van.) After I picked the girls up from school we all headed to the nursing home!
Mom, Granny, Taylor, Raegan, Michaela, and I invaded his room. He was so touched to have us all there at one time. That is rare these days. He said "Look at my piles of girls." Of course he was very moved and the tears came...His nurses would come in and point out to them how beautiful his family was. The girls all talked to him, checked out all of his pictures, explored the halls, and drew some pictures for his room. He kept telling me "That I had wonderful days ahead of me!" He assured him that "my best days are already here." Raegan wrote him a letter when she was there and it brought us all to tears. It talked about how much she loves him and how great he is!
Life is precious! It is beautiful! Family is so important. I pray every night that Grandpa is full of happy memories of us..."Piles of his beautiful girls!"
No comments:
Post a Comment