Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Party!

This weekend our church had their Halloween Party! It was at my cousin's farm. We started the night with a Contemporary Church Service in the barn. Our church added this services on Saturday nights. I love it. It is my favorite. They decided to have it be the kick-off to the party this year. We had over 150 people attend just the service! Awesome! Tommy helped park cars...Amazing! Taylor was in the Haunted Hayride so she was busy getting her makeup on. Michaela, Raegan and I enjoyed the service. It hit me in the middle of the service...Answered prayer....My entire family was participating in a church function! God and I were thrilled!
Michaela was so confused. She kept telling me "that it wasn't snowing." When the sun went down it got cold.....So I made the girls dig out the winter gear.
Taylor was so happy so could participate this year. The Youth Group Leaders and lots of adults loaded the kids up and headed out to the woods. They had tiki torches and pumpkins lining the trails for the Haunted Hay Ride. They had a non-scary and a scary ride. They had 3 wagons running full of people. We have no idea how many people actually came. It went so smooth. Some people rode, lots of people ate, roasted marshmallows, played games, and had some wonderful fellowship. We had so many new visitors this year. Well over 200 people were there!


Taylor's part was a girl in a swing! Spooky...My crazy girlfriend, Carrie, came out of the woods like a "swamp thing" and chased Taylor over to a well. Of course Taylor was screaming for help....She gets to the well and another creature ( a girl in high school)is reaching out to grab Taylor so she runs away screaming...I was so proud. She is a natural...She was so nervous. She didn't eat all day.


The kids were so hungry when they got back to the barn. Taylor can't wait until next year to be in it, again. Maybe I can get Tommy and I a part. We could be the bride and groom....I am sure he will want to stick with parking the minivans!!



No comments: