Monday, February 8, 2010

Feeling Under The Weather!

Our 7 year old boxer, Cody, has Lyme's Disease. Last week we noticed he had a hard time standing up. He was in so much pain. It was horrible. A friend of mine is a Vet Tech and she stopped by to look at him. She advised me to have him looked at. She thought it was Lyme's. It has become so wide spread in this area. I ended up taking him later that night and it was confirmed that he did have it.
They gave him Doxycycline. He will take it for 30 days. They will re-check him after a month to see if it is cleared up. Hopefully we caught it early. Hopefully it hasn't damaged his liver.
He has been getting lots of TLC and rest. He has been on the meds for 3 days and I can already see a big improvement. The first few days I had to hand feed him. He hurt him to bend down to eat. The make a lyme's vaccine now. All of my pets will be sure to get it.  

No comments: